Gem Innovation Schools.”
Read more: Idaho Statesman Journal
ADDITIONAL COMMENT / CLARIFICATION FROM THE SCHOOL STAFF
We are grateful for the press coverage for our school and look forward to more articles as we progress through the coming year. There were a number of statements in the article that were not fully accurate or need some clarification – here is a bit more information:
- There are not paraprofessionals in every room, all day. They are part-time employees assisting in classes as needed. We try to make sure there is one paraprofessional per room, but circumstances may require them to be used in other areas depending on student needs.
- Regarding the facility, we are in the process of purchasing it.
- Students will spend about 1/4 of their school day on a computer at varied intervals and times.
- The Information Session date was mistyped. The session will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 19th from 6-7pm.
- A key member of our leadership team was not listed in the article. Laurie Wolfe is the Chief Academic Officersupporting principals, overseeing curriculum, instruction, and assessment, and manages professional development for all schools.
—Celeste Grover, Operations Manager